over 2 years ago
We’re looking for a WordPress Developer with experience of big, gritty, complex and fully bespoke builds. You’ll be working on lots of individual projects for a huge client of theirs within the gaming/gambling space as well as projects for numerous charities – including a children’s homelessness charity. Here’s your chance to do good and work on well architected, high functionality sites, all from the comfort of your own home.
As big advocates of home working already, the recent changes haven’t affected them and due to the sectors their biggest clients are in, the workload hasn’t been affected either - they continue to be busier than ever. They offer their developers the chance to work remotely or in the office, whichever they prefer, and generally the team get together once every two weeks for planning meetings and a group catch up – the communicate daily via Slack.
Interviews for this role will take place via Skype or Google Hangouts and it will be a 100% home based role to start. Ideally you’ll have your own Mac or PC to get up and running on until you can pick up equipment from the office.
*You must be based within a 1 hour commute of Huddersfield and able to get to the office as and when required once things have returned to normal*
- The role will typically be 80% new project work
- Maintenance work is split across the team and will take up 20% or less of your week
- Their biggest WordPress build took around 6 months
- Their typical WordPress build takes around 6-8 weeks
- They work with big names as well as a lot of charities
- Every site is completely bespoke
- They use Sage/Roots to make the best themes possible
- This role is focused on core WordPress development – they have a design team for the pretty stuff
- They’ve won awards for their work and lead the way when it comes to WordPress
Must Have Skills & Experience:
- WordPress – Bespoke functionality/themes/plugins/extensions
- Roots Sage
- Site integrations – API’s, CRM’s etc
- PHP/PHP Frameworks – Laravel, Zend etc
- Appreciation for best practice and clean code
Desired skills: ACF Pro/ACF Plug-in, Headless WordPress, Docker, Design Patterns – all skills you can pick up on the job.
Apply now if you love WordPress and are ready to get stuck in on big and interesting projects across completely contrasting sectors.
Always wanted to give back and do a bit of charity work? Now’s your chance!
To apply, please send across your CV, a portfolio or list of WordPress sites that you’ve built and your GitHub account.