We’re on the hunt for someone with an Umbrella and PSC/limited company background who knows all the ins and outs of the payroll and taxation of temporary workers. Ideally you’ll have worked for an Umbrella company or an accounting and payroll provider or you’ll be a qualified accountant with a significant amount of payroll knowledge and experience.
We’re looking for someone with strong accounting and payroll knowledge who would be keen to cross-train and become a Systems Accountant, also known as a Finance Business Analyst.
Working for a software house who specialise in simplifying and streamlining everyday accountancy and payroll tasks, you’ll be using your experience to add new features to their products and ensuring they are fit for purpose and speed up the task in hand.
You’ll receive on the job training for everything on the business analysis side, all we need from you is hands-on payroll experience and a lot of knowledge around IR35, double entry bookkeeping and all things tax and VAT.
- Using your payroll knowledge and feedback from customers to add new features and functionality to their range of products.
- Designing solutions and briefing them into the in-house development team
- Managing the development team’s workload with a focus on prioritising tasks
- Testing the final product to ensure it does the job intended
- Showing customers how to use the new features via online demo’s
- Running software demo’s with new customers, explaining to them how this will speed up typical accounting tasks and practices and why it is beneficial to them
- Ensuring all software is compliant and meets ever changing legislation
- Adhering to all IR35 changes and ensuring they are reflected in the product
Must have experience:
- You must come from an Umbrella/accounting and payroll background
- You will have worked for a contract workforce payroll provider or be a qualified accountant with strong payroll experience
- Must have a good level of knowledge of IR35
- Happy to be in a client facing role
- Ability to project manage
- Appetite to train to become a Systems Account
It’s a great company to work for, they have been going for over 5 years’ now and the Directors all come from companies who are big players in the accounting and payroll sector so they certainly know their stuff.
If you’re an accountant who’d be interested in going into a more tech focused role or you’re working in a role just like this already, please get in touch with your CV straight away. It would be great to speak to you.