Software Test Engineer
Up To £50,000 DOE
We’re looking for a software tester who is up for a pretty complex challenge. It involves joining the software development team of a company who builds systems used in some of the biggest manufacturing plants in the world. They build a system which interacts with manufacturing machinery so the challenge here is working out how to test their system without having the hardware present.
This is a new role for the business and we’re very much looking for someone to take testing to the next level and really head up and lead this area.
At the moment they rely on unit tests written by the development team for their automated testing, they want to increase their efforts to include high-level tests such as UI and component level testing – any experience here would therefore be hugely beneficial.
- Improving existing test frameworks
- Introducing new ways of testing
- UI testing
- Working out how to test code that requires hardware to run
- Automated testing
- Hardware testing
Must Have Experience:
- Unit testing
- C# testing experience
- Hardware and software testing experience - desired
- UI, component and WPF testing experience - desired
- Work on what you want Fridays – taking inspiration from companies like Google, they allow the team to spend every Friday working on what they want, as long as it is relevant in some way
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home – 1 day a week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays on top
- Paid for training and conferences – NDC in London for example
- Highly Agile environment – part Kanban, part Scrum, daily 9.30am stand ups
If you’re a tester who loves to experiment and solve issues, then this has to be the role for you. It’s a chance to step up and take ownership of their test strategy and lead the way for the business. Perhaps your background involves testing both hardware and software? Perhaps you’ve got ideas to bring to the table? If so, get in touch with your CV ASAP.
Becca Woods – Chassam Recruitment