Senior WordPress Developer
We’re on the hunt for a Senior WordPress Developer to join a market leading digital agency who create award winning websites for big names, SME’s and charities alike. The global pandemic hasn’t slowed them down, they’ve hired over 10 additional team members and gone live with a number of highly bespoke websites - now couldn’t be a better time to join and get stuck in!
They’ve recently joined forces with a huge, huge company and are looking for a senior level WordPress Developer with solid backend skills to play a big part in their upcoming projects with this client as part of an Agile team. It will involve the migration and further development of multiple WordPress sites, developing functionality and moving them to a headless set-up. You’ll also work on a vast range of other projects across their highly varied client base.
The role will involve:
- The architecture and delivery of headless Enterprise WordPress solutions
- Creating performant and modern, Gutenberg block enabled, WordPress themes and plugins
- Developing integrations with REST, SOAP and AWS API platforms
- Taking ownership of the development, testing, and final delivery of projects
- Sharing best practice and recommendations to improve delivery and output
- Working with the design team and other developers to transform designs into unique front-end experiences
- Building front-end components such as forms, checkouts and wizards
We’re looking for a senior level developer with the following experience:
- OO PHP within WordPress
- Integrating with and creating REST, SOAP and AWS APIs
- Server management - Apache, Nginx, AWS
- WP Plugins - WooCommerce, ACF, Form plugins, Gutenberg etc
- Testing – cross-browser, cross-device etc
- Experience building for headless platforms would be a bonus!
Remote working is something this agency has offered since opening their doors nearly ten years ago now. Developers have the option of choosing whether they work from home or whether they work out of their large, open plan office with all the mod cons and cracking coffee. You’ll be in the office once a month on average, more if you prefer, so you must be based within an hour or so of Huddersfield.
Benefits: Flexible hours, optional remote working, Christmas shutdown, MacBook Pro, personal training and development budget plus more!
Interviews and onboarding will be taking place remotely via Zoom.
This is an agency you want to be part of. They are growing the team and client base at such a successful rate that there will be endless opportunities for you here as well as a super interesting array of work including this huge initial project – apply now if you’re ready for the challenge!