The Super Quick Summary:
- In-house role working across 5 brands
- Developing and creating an outreach strategy
- Building outreach calendars for each brand
- Coming up with campaign ideas, spotting opportunities and finding an angle to run with
- Creating content, pitching it to local and national press, magazine publishers, bloggers, influencers etc and getting that content out there
- Generating coverage and backlinks
- Fully organic focus – not paid
- Building a network of connections for each brand
The brands all differ massively, I can guarantee you’ll find them fun to work with and some may even fit with your hobbies and interests.
- 30% - Content writing – SEO heavy, press releases, articles, blogs, social posts etc
- 60% - Building connections – Researching relevant industry contacts, using a tool which has the details of all journalists, PR contacts etc, picking up the phone, emailing them, messaging them on social, working with influencers.
- 10% - Bit of everything – Reporting, social media, managing existing campaigns, analysis
The goal was to generate backlinks and coverage for their photography brand so they came up with the idea of hiring 4 photographers to do a shoot with a model in a controlled environment. Each photographer used different equipment and different techniques and an article was then produced to show and compare the results. The photographers then pushed this via their channels, largely social, and an outreach campaign was started to get it in photography magazines, national newspapers etc – it achieved fantastic results.
- Feels like an agency environment with the longevity benefits of in-house
- Easy to get a feel for the brands, you’ll be sitting alongside a team of people who know them inside and out
- Chance to take ownership over this side of the business – working closely with the SEO Manager and a wider marketing team
- All the brands are different and have multiple areas built into them so it’s going to be varied
- Quarterly objectives and an annual pay review
- Fantastic, new offices with all the bells and whistles
We’re looking for someone who has outreach experience, a solid SEO understanding and strong content writing skills to take the reins here. You’ll get a hell of a lot of autonomy and decision making power and once it’s all up and running there are plans to grow the team, a team which you could hand pick!
Want to apply? Send across your CV and if you’ve got any campaigns or content examples pop them over too!