Senior Backend PHP Developer
Up to £50,000
Interested in microservice architecture, API’s and backend development? Looking for a role where you can get your teeth stuck into big projects and help modernise and shape the technical direction of the team?
Yes and yes? Well it’s a good job you’ve landed on this advert as I am recruiting for an award winning branding specialist who offer exactly that!
They are currently underway with a massive re-platforming project which will see them move away from monolithic PHP to a microservice driven set up. They will be replacing core parts of their back office, including their warehouse management system and overhauling their eCommerce application. We’re looking for someone to play a key part in these projects, putting their ideas forward to find the best build solution. It's a small development team where collaboration and knowledge sharing is valued by all.
They use PHP 7.4 with Laravel on the backend and React on the frontend – this role offers React training should it be something you’d like to pick up.
Why you should apply:
- You’ll have built in R&D time each week and access to funded certifications
- You can influence the tech strategy and stack
- It’s a hybrid role, offering both office based and remote working
- The projects are big, complex and interesting
- Their tech stack includes CI/CD tools, AWS, Docker, Laravel, Lumen, React, Microservices, TestCafe etc.
We’re looking for a mid or senior level developer with the following knowledge and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of OOP and modern programming patterns
- Creation and development of REST API’s
- Unit, feature and E2E testing
- Version control e.g Git
- *AWS (ECS/S3/Lambda), Docker, CI/CD tools, React – all desired or can be learnt on the job*
Choose whether you work from their office near to Media City or work remotely, the only expectation is you’re in the office one day a month for their face to face team catch up!
To give you an idea of the learning potential and qualifications you can attain here, one of the team has recently become AWS certified and another has just completed an intensive React course. With time set aside each week for research and self-learning, with access to Pluralsight and other resources, this is the perfect role for any passionate PHP developer. The company is growing and hugely progressive and now is your chance to be part of it – apply now!