Platform/DevOps Engineer – AWS
Up To £40,000
Fancy joining one of the fastest growing web agencies in the UK? Taking ownership over their entire platform infrastructure? Know a thing or two about AWS and keen to join a progressive company where you can be at the forefront of the ever changing DevOps landscape?
Check this out.
We’re recruiting for a group of agencies who are big believers in home working and have had a ‘remote first’ focus since starting out almost ten years ago. They’ve got amazing open plan offices just north of Huddersfield and you can choose to work from there or from home, popping into the office every month or so to catch up with the team. There’s also flexible hours on offer and a bundle of other benefits to boot.
We’re looking for someone with an AWS background who can:
- Improve and automate their current set up and processes
- Manage key AWS infrastructure
- Create and implement CI/CD pipelines
- Develop and maintain release management/deployment solutions
- Head up Linux system administration and configuration
- Support the implementation of automation testing tools from an infrastructure perspective
Ideally you’ll come from a DevOps or SysOps background and have solid experience in:
- AWS including EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, IAM
- CI/CD pipeline building
- Working in a OpenSource coding and deployment environment, ideally with PHP
- GitWorkflow or knowledge of version control, introducing, branching, merging and building code
- Security best practice
- CentOS/RedHat/AWS Linux)
- MySQL, Redis, Nginx, Apache
As well as taking ownership over their entire infrastructure set up, you’ll also work with Developers, Testers and Project Managers to look at ways to improve and automate the environment. Within the first 6 months, you’ll work closely with their Test Lead to implement automation testing tools so any prior experience here would be an added bonus.
You’ll also get to learn on the job with your very own training and development budget and have the support of a company that wants to be leading the way with new tech – including using containerised systems such as Docker and Kubernetes/K8’s and Infrastructure-as-code, such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
Not only is this job super flexible, it’s with a progressive and growing company who are offering autonomy, ownership and endless learning and growth potential. Apply now!