£35,000 - £40,000
We’re on the hunt for a PHP Backend Developer to join an agency with a difference, smack bang in the centre of Warrington! Not only do they build complex websites for a range of clients, they also do a lot of their own internal work AND are building and maintaining a huge online platform with a hell of a lot of functionality!
What we need is a highly experienced PHP Developer who’s weighted towards the backend – we need someone who will take the lead on the backend side and someone who is experienced enough to build entire backends from scratch, largely on their own with a little help from junior developers.
The super interesting thing about this role is the amount of variety you will get from a project basis. There’s so much going on and so many builds just waiting for someone like you to come in and make a start on. You’ll have big projects, little projects and plenty in between!
Here’s an overview of just some of the projects that are lined up:
- New website builds for their agency clients – full end to end builds, taking full control over the backend, deciding what to build it in and how.
- Working on the in-house CMS and CRM systems – huge systems that are key to the business, you’ll see them being used daily and see how the work you do will benefit the team making it very rewarding!
- They are currently looking to rebrand some of their internal websites so you’ll have a lot of input in terms of what the new websites will do and work with the UX/UI specialist to decide what they will look like and you’ll get to decide which tech you want to use.
- They get a lot of repeat business, so it is definitely not a case where you will never see your work again as you will have to opportunity to add more functionality and other features to existing projects.
- You’ll be leading all the backend projects yourself and will get the chance to mentor junior developers, allocate work and share your skills with them.
- Laravel, Vue.js, VanillaPHP - You’ll also get the chance to learn these frameworks if you do not already have experience with them.
- Huge amount of control over the tech stack used, giving you the chance to both bring in and learn new techs on the job.
They are a tight-knit company and are very sociable. They have early finishes on Fridays and often take part in social activities such as bowling, crazy golf and company lunches. There is also a breakout area with games within the office!
- MVC Experience (preferably Laravel)
- Agency experience
This role is a great opportunity to work on a huge range of projects, taking the lead and picking up loads of different tech skills on the way. You’ll finally be able to have an input and make those decisions as well as helping and sharing your vast knowledge with junior developers – this is the chance you’ve been waiting for! Send across your CV now to apply!
Becca Woods – Chassam Recruitment