Content Outreach Executive – South Manchester - Up To £35,000 + Bonus
This is an interesting one... it’s an in-house role with an agency look and feel! How? Well because you’ll be working across a group of companies, building and delivering hugely varied outreach campaigns!
It’s one company who have over 10 eCommerce websites within the group, all sell a different product which is why the content and campaigns will be so varied. They have ambassadors for some who you’ll work closely with for content/campaign purposes, this includes well-known names in the sporting world.
The idea is, you’ll come up with a concept for a campaign which will get people talking and drive people the relevant website. They need someone who can create a piece of content and then pick up the phone to their connections in the press and media and get that content out there. The aim of course is to get as many online links and mentions as possible. You’ll work closely with the SEO team, brief them in on your plan and target areas and they will drive organic search performance around it, focusing on relevant keywords to go with your campaign. With both teams working together, the aim is to really boost traffic to all websites.
It’s going to be a fast-paced role which will see you running 5 or 6 campaigns at once, all of which will have a different focus and target market. Outreach is the key focus here, they need someone to build those connections at all levels, including national, and have both an on-site and off-site focus.
This role sits within the content and SEO team and works closely with the art, social media, PR and marketing teams.
Areas of focus:
- Increasing online authority and organic search visibility with a solid content and outreach strategy and the delivery of authoritative links
- Generating editorial mentions, online links, blogger recognition by building relationships with bloggers, social influencers, tier 1 publications, journalists etc.
- Creating and nurturing new relationships with online publications and working with the PR team to build on and connect with their existing media relationships
- Identifying the best places to publish content, website/brand dependant
- Creating content for publication, working closely with the SEO team to ensure all content is fully optimised
- Monitoring and reporting on campaign performance and online mentions
- Ensuring all campaigns run in line with the overall SEO and marketing strategy
Must have experience:
- Prior commercial experience in an outreach, content, PR or journalism role.
- Previous experience of sourcing appropriate platforms for outreach campaigns
- Have a proven track record delivering end to end outreach campaigns
- Experience making relevant connections by pitching over the phone and experience sourcing relevant quotes etc.
- An understanding and appreciation for SEO
It’s a very collaborative environment with everyone working towards the same goal. You’ll slot into an SEO and content team which has grown quickly over the past couple of years, especially since SEO was brought in-house. This role is a new role for the business, outreach is an area they really want to push. You’ll be the outreach specialist of the team working closely with two content experts who work across social media, editorial blogs, newsletters and email campaigns.
This makes it a fantastic opportunity to take the reigns on all things outreach, by doing so you’ll open up career opportunities for yourself moving forwards as this is an area of the business which is sure to grow. What’s not to love? It’s got both an agency and in-house vibe so you get the best of both worlds, the offices are fantastic, the team’s full of passionate people who love what they do and your campaign subject matter will be varied and see you researching and writing about anything and everything! If you’ve got a creative mindset this is the one for you!
Send across your CV to apply or contact Becca Woods over at Chassam Recruitment with any questions!